Tuition fees - terms of payment
In general, citizens of countries outside EU/EEA and Switzerland are required to pay tuition fees.
1. When to pay
The tuition fee should be payable ahead of studies and in installments; the first deposit covers the whole first semester while the following deposits are payable twice per semester.
Tuition fee payments should be made in advance. Invoices will be sent by e-mail. It is strongly recommended that you pay your tuition fee as soon as you have received the invoice. The residence permit application process will not begin at the Swedish Migration Board until your tuition has been paid. As this can take some time, you should pay as soon as possible.
Once the tuition fee for the first semester is paid, you can apply for your residence permit through the Swedish Migration Board and apply for accommodation.
Once you are enrolled there will be quarterly installments of the tuition fee.
2. How to pay
Once you have received Notification of Selection Results to Linköping University you will receive an e-mail with your first invoice and information on how to pay the tuition fee for the first semester. Please accept your place offer as soon as possible. There will be two ways to pay your tuition fee:
- Online payment using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard) - you find the PAYMENT SERVICE on the right
- Payment by bank transfer
The primary method of payment will be online with a credit/debit card. This is the best method of payment as it is quick and secure. If you are unable to pay the fee online, you can pay by transferring money from your bank. This could take some time and it is of great importance that you follow these steps.
- Inform your bank of the deadline for payment (on the invoice) and that Linköping University must have received your payment by deadline.
- It is of great importance that the transferred amount should include any bank fee – Linköping University should receive the amount that is stated in your invoice.
- Payment transaction MUST include your first name, your surname and your application number (registration number) – otherwise we cannot match your payment with your application.
- IBAN: SE58 8000 0890 1192 4339 6570
- Account no: 8901-1, 924339657-0
- BIC/SWIFT: SWEDSESS
- When paying tuition fee from a Swedish bank you can use “bankgiro 5050-0016”.
It is extremely important that you have your bank include your reference number from universityadmissions.se. The reference number can be found on the notification of Selection Results. Without this reference number, we will not be able to match the money that you have transmitted to your application.
The name of our bank is Swedbank.
105 34 Stockholm
Welcome to Linköping University’s payment service
- Students admitted to a master’s programme
Fill in your reference number and the amount stated on the invoice in the boxes below. Click on the submit button and you will be redirected to a secure site. Please double check the reference number listed on your application. The amount to be paid should include all bank fees.
- Students applying to/admitted for single-subject courses
Fill in your reference number and the application fee or tuition fee in the boxes below. Click on the submit button and you will be redirected to a secure site. Please double check the reference number listed on your application. The amount to be paid should include all bank fees.
- Payment for 2nd semester and the following
Fill in your reference number and the amount stated on the invoice in the boxes below. Click on the submit button and you will be redirected to a secure site. Do not use the reference number from your notification of Selection Results.The amount to be paid should include all bank fees.
Senast uppdaterad: 2012-04-27