Scholarships and Financial Support
Linköping University policy states that admitted students can be offered a reduction in tuition fees. The funds for programmes that started in 2015 was a total of SEK 4 million.
LiU International Scholarships
The LiU International Scholarship is aimed at supporting international students with significant academic potential from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies.
Linköping University offers a limited number of LiU International Scholarships to new students. With LiU International Scholarships, tuition fees are reduced by 25, 50, 75 or 100%.
The application period for 2016 is now closed.
Who is eligible?
- Students who have applied for a master’s programme at Linköping University on time (before 15 January), AND
- who have chosen a master’s programme at Linköping University as their first priority (ranked as number 1 of 4) AND
- who have been admitted to their first choice in the First Notification of Selection Results (end of March), AND
- who are required to pay tuition fees.
Other reductions in tuition fees
For the academic year 2016-2017 Linköping University will reduce tuition fees by up to 25 % for a number of students.
Who is eligible?
- Students who have applied for a master’s programme at Linköping University, AND
- who are required to pay tuition fees, AND
- who have NOT been awarded a LiU International Scholarship.
Admitted students who receive this reduction will be notified individually in connection with an invoice for the first installment of the tuition fee. This fee must be paid no later than 1 June.
Last updated: 2016-04-08