MSSc in Outdoor Environmental Education and Outdoor Life, 60 credits
The programme aims to provide students with knowledge and understanding of how outdoor studies can enhance learning and contribute to health, sustainable development and an active citizenship.
The programme focuses on experiential learning based on nature, culture and society. Teaching includes outdoor field-related experiences and learning in and via natural and cultural landscapes. The advanced courses in educational science will help teachers and other educators to understand learning processes and how the society, nature and the cultural landscape can be used as resources for learning and understanding.
- Programme description - Outdoor Environmental Education and Outdoor Life
- Career opportunities - Outdoor Environmental Education and Outdoor Life
Degree: Master of Social Science with a major in Didactics (with emphasis on Outdoor Education)
Duration: One year, 60 credits
Pace of study: Full-time
Application code: LIU-91201
Application period: 17 Oct - 16 Jan
Start date: August
Citizens from within the EU/EEA and Switzerland: No tuition fees
All others: approx. USD 13,000/EUR 12,000 (SEK 110,000) per academic year
Programme specific requirements
Bachelor´s degree with a major in Didactics, Pedagogic, Pedagogical Work or other relevant subject area.
Selection is primarily based on academic credits. Should applicants have identical qualifications a subject specialist will assess the qualifications and accompanying letter in order to rank the applicants.
Other relevant subject areas can be;
- Teacher or pre-schoolteacher degree of at least 180 credits, or;
- Bachelor's degree (at least 180 credits) with a major in one of the following subjects: Education, Pedagogics, Sociology, Psychology, Social Psychology, Human Geography, Sustainable Development, Physical Education, Public Health, Anthropology (Social and Cultural), Cognitive Science, Cultural Studies, or;
- Bachelor´s degree (at least 180 credits) in any subject plus a one or two-years Master degree in one of the following subjects: Education, Pedagogics, Sociology, Psychology, Social Psychology, Human Geography, Sustainable Development, Physical Education, Public Health, Anthropology (Social and Cultural), Cognitive Science, Cultural Studies
Applicants with a bachelor´s degree in Recreation (Sports/Tourism/Management) may be considered for admission and should contact the Programme Director for more information.
Working experience on its own does not qualify for admission to the programme.
We welcome your application to the programme!
Last updated: 2016-10-17