MSSc in Outdoor Environmental Education and Outdoor Life, 60 credits
Degree: Master of Social Science with a major in Education (with emphasis Outdoor Didactics).
This programme focuses on how outdoor studies can enhance learning and contribute to health, sustainable development and an active citizenship.
The programme focuses on experiential learning based on nature, culture and society. Teaching includes outdoor field-related experiences and learning in and via natural and cultural landscapes.
- increase their knowledge of children’s and young people’s understanding and learning processes in the extended classroom
- further develop their understanding and knowledge of how outdoor environmental education and outdoor life can contribute to environmental understanding, cyclic thinking and increased responsibility for health, citizenship and sustainability
- develop a thematic perspective on how the urban and rural landscape can be used as a resource for learning
- develop their skills in describing, interpreting and explaining cultural and environmental experiences through field work in real environments.
Students must be prepared to pay for trips, food and lodging included in the programme.
- A teacher or pre-schoolteacher degree of at least 180 Swedish credits, or
- A bachelor's degree with a major in education or the equivalent
application period opens october 2013
Go to universityadmissions.se
Tuition fees 2013/2014
- Citizens from within the EU/EEA and Switzerland: No tuition fees
- All others: 125,000 SEK (approx. 16,100 USD/12,000) per academic year
+46 13 28 27 41
Yes please, I would like to stay informed. Please send me regular updates, news and developments from the programme.
Last updated: 2013-03-27