Linköping University is a research-based university with excellence in education. Our research covers areas such as: humanities, medicine and nursing, social and behavioural sciences, technology and natural sciences, and educational sciences. What makes Linköping University special is an interdisciplinary perspective, the openness towards combining different subjects.
Research at Media and Information Technology (MIT)
The research at MIT is conducted in eigth research groups. Each group focuses on a separate aspect of visual information technology, but the groups are not isolated from each other. The research is conducted in a highly collaborative atmosphere, with frequent cooperation between groups. This collaboration extends from discussing scientific approaches in seminars to co-supervising PhD students and teaching. The collaborative atmosphere involves both basic and application oriented research, which is beneficial to students who conduct their diploma work at MIT. The groups share access to state-of-the-art equipment through Norrköping visualization center C.
MIT consists of the following research groups:
- Scientific Visualization, headed by Björn Gudmundsson
- Information and Geo Visualization, headed by Mikael Jern
- Image Reproduction and Publishing, headed by Björn Kruse
- Visual Interactive Data Analysis, headed by Matthew Cooper
- Computer Graphics and Image Processing, headed by Jonas Unger
- Sound and Video Technology, headed by Gianpaolo Evangelista
- Structural and Civil Engineering, headed by Mårten Johansson
- Visual Learning and Communication, headed by Lena Tibell
Last updated: 2013-03-27