Courses and Application - Faculty of Arts and Sciences - Academic year 2016/2017Welcome to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Linköping University!
The information provided here is valid for exchange students nominated by their home universities only.
Courses in English
Under each subject area courses are divided into Undergraduate and Advanced/master's level courses. To be eligible for courses at Advanced/Master's level, you need a Bachelor Degree of 3 years, or equivalent. There will also be specific requirements in the course information. Courses listed in this catalogue are taught in English. For courses in Swedish for Swedish speaking students see below.
Courses in Swedish
Swedish speaking students can apply for courses in Swedish, admission may be granted if there are places in the course.
The application for spring semester 2017 will open in September with application deadline October 15. If you are selected by your home university please ask them to nominate you to firstname.lastname@example.org. All nominated students will receive an email as soon as the application form opens.
When you have been selected by your home university, the application procedure will be as follows:
- Search for courses in the course list above. Please see under "Course information and timetable" in the left hand menu before you choose your courses. Note that full-time courses at Faculty of Arts and Sciences run during four (4) periods per semester. You can choose only one full-time course for each period.
- Check the specific requirements for each course that you want to study and make sure that you are eligible for all courses that you select.
- Fill out the application form on-line which will open in September. The application form includes personal data, academic background, choice of courses and the period of study for your stay at Linköping University.
- Upload the required documents:
- Transcript of records of all university education
- Proof of English*
- List of ongoing courses
- Degree certificate if applicable
All documents need to be scanned into one pdf file.
- If you want to apply for accommodation through Linköping University make sure to cross that box on the application form. Please note that you also need to apply and sign up with other landlords and check the notice boards. Linköping University cannot guarantee accommodation.
- Submit the form. A print-out version of your application will open for your reference.
- Deadline for Spring semester 17 is 15 October 2016, 23.59 o´clock (UTC+2h).
- Information and admission documents will be send during November 2016.
*) Proof of skills in English. You need to show that you have adequate proficiency in English to take academic courses with English as language of instruction. This can for example be demonstrated by an international English test ( e g IELTS or TOEFL), by a certificate from your coordinator from your home university, or by a transcript of records showing previous studies with English as language of instruction. Students studying in English or having English as mother tongue do not need to upload a proof of English.
Last updated: 2016-06-08