Make up your timetable
Your objective should be to create a timetable that gives a full-time study load during your time in Linköping. Full-time study load is 30 ECTS per semester. Exchange students are not allowed to enroll in more than 45 ECTS per semester (excluding intensive courses in Swedish (such as EILC) before the start of the semester). The semester consists of 20 weeks and each week a full-time study load consists of 1.5 ECTS. There are both full-time courses and part-time courses to choose from.
- Approximately 8 hours of work per day. The 8 hours include lectures, seminars, studying, group work, reading etc.
- Cannot be combined with other full-time courses. Only one full-time course can be taken at a time.
- A full-time course of 7.5 ECTS will continue for 5 weeks. A full-time course of 15 ECTS will continue for 10 weeks. A full-time 30 ECTS course will continue for the whole semester (i.e. 20 weeks).
- Usually continues through the whole semester with 1-2 lectures per week.
- Most part-time courses have their lectures during evenings in order not to collide with full-time courses.
- Can be combined with full-time courses and other part-time courses.
Examples of time-tables:
Find information about what courses are full-time/part-time, ECTS and study period
- Visit the course page for Faculty of Arts and Sciences or Faculty of Educational Sciences
- Choose your study area
- Choose the course you are interested in
Yellow: Full-time/part-time course
Green: Study period
Blue: Course code (use it to search for the exact timetable in Time Edit when the semester starts!)
Education is conducted at the campuses in the cities of Linköping and Norrköping. A bus connects the campuses with a travel time of about 40 minutes.
Last updated: 2013-03-28