Application and Preparations
Exchange students are selected by their home universities. For information about exchange programmes, agreements, admissions and applications, please contact the international studies coordinator at your own university.
If you are selected for an exchange, make sure that you have sufficient knowledge of English, both written and oral, to take part in the courses that are taught in English. See information on your faculty's application form of what documentation is needed.
When applying for a study semester at Linköping University you can also apply for accommodation and a beginner's course in Swedish.
As an Exchange Student you do not pay any tuition fee.
Courses are intended for exchange students who have completed at least one year of studies at their home university. Please note that exchange students cannot normally combine courses and study opportunities to obtain a final degree at Linköping University.
When cooperation agreements are made by subject area, department or faculty, learning agreements can only be made within the faculty concerned.
To search for courses, please choose the faculty with which your home university has signed an agreement. Linköping University has four faculties:
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty of Educational Sciences
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Institute of Technology
When you have been selected by your home university, the application procedure will be as follows:
- Search for courses offered by the faculty with which your home university has signed an agreement.
- Check the specific requirements for each course that you want to study and make sure that you are eligible for all courses that you select.
- Fill out the proper faculty application form on-line which includes desired courses and the period of time for your stay at Linköping University. In your application form you must also add information about on-going courses which are NOT included in your transcript of records.
- If you want to apply for accommodation through Linköping University make sure to cross that box on the application form.
- Submit the form.
- Print out the completed application form.
- Make sure you have your coordinator’s signature on the print-out.
- Send your application form together with your transcript of records before the deadline.
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences - application has now closed
- Faculty of Educational Sciences - application has now closed
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Institute of Technology - application for fall semester/academic year is now closed
Application deadline is 15 April for courses starting in August/September and 15 October for courses starting in January.
Decisions on admission will be taken one month or more after the application deadline. After that, letters of admission with all additional information will be sent out.
You will receive a Learning Agreement together with your Letter of Admission. Make sure your Learning Agreement is signed and stamped by the coordinators at your home university and remember to bring it with you to Linköping University if you have not already sent it in.
Within the first two weeks of the semester, complete the Learning Agreement correctly and hand it to your International Faculty Coordinator.
Travel Arrangements and Arrival
Make your travel arrangements. Make sure you arrive in time for the Orientation programme because this is where you will receive important information about your studies and Linköping University. If you have been assigned accommodation through Linköping University make your arrangements so that you arrive during office hours if you want to pick up the key for your accommodation. If you arrive outside office hours, you will have to arrange for accommodation at a hotel or youth hostel for the first night.
Inform the Exchange Student Coordinators of the date of your arrival: Mail address: email@example.com
Last updated: 2014-05-19