Five minutes with...
Leo Baas - Professor in Industrial Ecology at Linköping University
- Advisor to the UNEP/UNIDO National Cleaner Production Centers Program since 1994
- Member of UNEP’s High Level Expert Forum on Sustainable Consumption and Production since 1997
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the National Cleaner Production Centres in Latin America and the Caribbean since 2005.
- Previous member of the Strategy platform of the long-term program Sustainable Enterprises in the Rotterdam Harbour and Industry Complex, Netherlands
During his advisory work for UNIDO that included regional development assessments in Mexico, Mid-America, South-Africa and Zimbabwe, Baas broadened the advisory on industry structure rationalization on the basis of cleaner production into “Sustainable Communities Scenarios” for sustainable development in regional economic planning strategies. The approach is based on a stakeholders’ learning community platform with representatives from government, industry and knowledge institutes.
He is the author of many publications on cleaner production and industrial ecology and is frequently invited to give lectures all over the world.
Welcome to GIN 2012
Anders Carlsson - Research Communicator at Linköping University
"Join the Sustainability Jam Sessions during GIN2012!"
Klas Gustafsson, Vice President at Tekniska Verken, Linköping
Tekniska Verken is a regional company which aims to create an efficient community which is sustainable in the long term. They have around 300,000 private and corporate clients who benefit from products and services such as electricity, water, district heating, district cooling, waste management, broadband and biogas.
Elisabeth Nilsson, County Governor for Östergötland
Anders Claesson, President BT Products AB, Toyota Material Handling, Mjölby
Background of the
GREENING OF INDUSTRY NETWORK
- International conference held annually since 1991. The goal is to create dialogue between industry and academia regarding sustainability.
- The 18th Greening of Industry Network Conference (GIN2012) will be held in Linköping, Sweden 22-24 October 2012.
- Linköping University is this year's host and Leo Baas is the chair. Baas is a professor of industrial ecology, from the Department of Environmental Technology and Management at Linköping University.
GIN2012 Jam Sessions
Apart from presentations on current research, participants will also be offered a number of “jam sessions” and workshops at
- BT Products (the production unit for Toyota Material Handling), Mjölby
- Tekniska Verken, Linköping
- SAAB Group, Linköping
- Vreta Kluster (Green Technology park), Vreta Kloster
- Holmen Paper, Norrköping
- Händelöklustret, Norrköping
Reports will be published over the course of the conference.
- The 18th Greening of Industry Network Conference (GIN2012)(GIN Network homepage)
- Division of Industrial Environmental Engineering at Linköping University
- World Renewable Energy Congress (WREC) - Linköping, Sweden 8-13 May, 2011
- Chips, slivers, and bark as valuable raw materials
- Sustainability: Our region is under the microscope
- Saving resources is a pleasure
- Closed systems in forklift paint shop
- The forgotten mines
Last updated: 2012-11-16