The Latest News from GIN2012
With five women keynote speakers and six unique “Jam Sessions” at six different host businesses in the region, GIN2012 made an impression in conference history.
A farmer from Östergötland and a professor from Mexico took part in a lively conversation. At a guess, they’re discussing issues concerning biogas. The place is Vreta Kluster, in the middle of the Östergötland agricultural landscape. It’s time for the Jam Session at GIN2012.
Invest in open innovation and your own incubator. That was the advice Holmen, the forestry company, received when GIN2012 participants participated in a Sustainability Jam Session at the Braviken forestry combine.
The mines of the future may be closer than we think. A degree project from Linköping University demonstrates that landfill at the Gärstad waste facility in Linköping contains metals worth SEK 3 billion.
Leo Baas, Professor in Industrial Ecology at Linköping University outlines preparations for the 18th Greening of Industry Network Conference at Linköping University.
We are very proud to announce that Petra Hammarstedt, CEO of Qlean Scandinavia AB, will be a keynote speaker of GIN2012.
Background of the
GREENING OF INDUSTRY NETWORK
- International conference held annually since 1991. The goal is to create dialogue between industry and academia regarding sustainability.
- The 18th Greening of Industry Network Conference (GIN2012) will be held in Linköping, Sweden 22-24 October 2012.
- Linköping University is this year's host and Leo Baas is the chair. Baas is a professor of industrial ecology, from the Department of Environmental Technology and Management at Linköping University.
GIN2012 Jam Sessions
Apart from presentations on current research, participants will also be offered a number of “jam sessions” and workshops at
- BT Products (the production unit for Toyota Material Handling), Mjölby
- Tekniska Verken, Linköping
- SAAB Group, Linköping
- Vreta Kluster (Green Technology park), Vreta Kloster
- Holmen Paper, Norrköping
- Händelöklustret, Norrköping
Reports will be published over the course of the conference.
- The 18th Greening of Industry Network Conference (GIN2012)(GIN Network homepage)
- Division of Industrial Environmental Engineering at Linköping University
- World Renewable Energy Congress (WREC) - Linköping, Sweden 8-13 May, 2011
- Chips, slivers, and bark as valuable raw materials
- Sustainability: Our region is under the microscope
- Saving resources is a pleasure
- Closed systems in forklift paint shop
- The forgotten mines
Last updated: 2012-11-16