Research millions for the Faculty of Arts and Sciences
The grants are for three years. The largest grant will go to climate researcher Björn-Ola Linnér for research on non-state actors within the new international organisations for climate work.
Other recipients are:
- Business economist Jonas Söderlund to study the organisation of engineering knowledge and R&D in technical consulting businesses.
- Cultural researcher Stefan Jonsson to study the colonial ambitions of European integration from 1920 to 1960.
- Psychologists Míkael Heimann and Daniel Västfjäll to study memory in infants, as well as emotional regulation, age, and decision-making.
- Ulf Träff for a project concerning a didactic tool for learning basic arithmetic.
- Additionally, Anna Bredström, post-doctoral student at REMESO, has received a grant from the Educational Sciences Committee for a project on youth and sexual risk-taking.
Out of 825 applicants for project grants, 125 were awarded funds.
For forty years they have been seen everywhere, in every situation. Or heard, rather. Playing well is not important for ”LiTHe Blås” – having fun is. All the time.
Research is no quick fix. And when it yields results, it is worth a real festival. Twelve professors, six honorary doctors - of which five are international researchers - and 56 PhD students were honoured at this year’s commencement ceremony.
Anna Ekström began as a chairperson for Saco’s students and she liked to make waves. Since then, educational
issues have stayed with her.
Oskar Lyding, chairman of Consensus, went on a trip with the University Management to look at creative learning environments in Europe.
Go a little hungry and take B12. Mats Hammar and Carl Johan Östgren, professors at the Faculty of Health Sciences, have mapped out the latest findings on how we can be healthy old people.
The expression "illegal immigrant" is no longer used at the Associated Press news agency. Per Hansen, migration researcher at the Institute for Research on Migration Ethnicity and Society (REMESO), has long argued against the term.
Operations with animals for experimentation at Linköping University expand and gather in the Centre for Biomedical Resources (CBR). A new addition is 15,000 zebra fish.
... Sofia Nyström, new Secretary General of ESREA, the European Society for Research on Education of Adults.
Martin Törnros is a media and technology student at Linköping University. He is doing his master's dissertation at NASA and is working on a tool that will visualise space weather.
Last updated: 2013-06-04