In a 5-years perspective, our goal is to advance to the top position for most attractive environment in our field.
FunMat should offer the most comprehensive and internationally competitive laboratory for materials science featuring:
- Complete range of thin film deposition techniques from monolayer surface functionalization to wafer or template production
- State-of-the-art analytical instrumentation
- Leading theoretical modeling and simulation capabilities.
- Rich academic and industrial networks and efficient research training
- Extensive international collaboration for exchange.
FunMat shall be organized and operate in agreement with the General Conditions for the VINNOVA Excellence Centers.
The Center shall be an internationally competitive concentration of competences with the task to perform multidsciplinary and problem-oriented research as well as to contribute actively in technology transfer such that our generated knowledge leads to new products, processes, services, and high-technology businesses. The implicit goal here is to contribute to sustainable growth in Sweden. The research work shall be executed in close and intensive collaboration between the Parties of the Center Consortium and collaborating actors. FunMat shall further develop its strong research environment and encourage initiatives for promoting an innovative spirit. In so doing, we will have strengthened a critical link in the Swedish innovation system connecting university research and industry R&D.
Last updated: 2011-08-16