Welcome to FunMat
FunMat (Functional Nanoscale Materials) is one of 19 VINN Excellence Centre initiated by the Swedish Agency for Innovation Systems (VINNOVA). FunMat is in equal parts financed by VINNOVA, industry and Linköping University. It was inaugurated in March 2007 and will run for 10 years.
The Centre will develop nanostructured multifunctional ceramics for applications like wear-protective coatings, electrical contacts, and sensing layers in chemical sensors.
FunMat operates out of the West Wing of the Physics Building, IFM, Linköping University.
- Materialfysikern Johanna Rosén m fl har utnämnts till ”academy fellows” i Wallenbergstiftelsens största forskningssatsning någonsin. http://www.liu.se/liu-nytt/arkiv/nyhetsarkiv/1.423301?l=sv
- Dr. Galia Pozina is winner of the IVA - Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences "Mentor4Research" Prize - a catalysts for commercialization
- Dr. Naureen Ghafoor and Dr. Per Eklund are appointed Senior Lecturers in Nanostructured Materials resp. Thin Film Physics.
- Prof. Lars Hultman is the winner of the Junior Faculty Prize 2012 at LiU for supporting the careers fo junior researchers, thus creating a sustainable reserach environment.
- 5 new PhD students employed (including one VR-industry graduate student with FunMat partner Sandvik)
- Anita Lloyd Spetz is part-time Finnish Distinguished Professor (FiDiPro) at University of Oulu. She will spend every second week in Oulu and Linköping starting Januari 2011 until December 2014.
Last updated: 2013-05-13